Fishing Areas & Types of Fish

Fort Campbell has 2 lakes, 2 stocked trout streams, and numerous beaver ponds. There is also a children’s fishing pond for children 12 and under and does not require an area assignment to fish. For patrons who require handicap accessibility, there is a pond located in area 7, directly next to the land fill. Children 17 and under may also fish at that pond (an area assignment is required) common fish caught are bass, bluegill, crappie, catfish, and trout.

During the period of 01 March – 31 May 2017

MWR will assist DPW Fish & Wildlife by selling the following permits:

  • Turkey Permit (includes coyote hunting and general recreation) - $35
  • Fishing Permit - $5
  • General Outdoor Recreation Permit (hiking, camping, birdwatching) - $5

These permits can be purchased at the new Outdoor Recreation building,

Located at 6603 11th Airborne Division Road.  (Formally the Stables office)

Open 7 days a week from 8am to 12pm and 12:30pm to 4pm.

NOTE – MWR Outdoor Recreation no longer sells Tennessee and/or Kentucky Hunting and Fishing Licenses.   These will need to be purchased through the appropriate state prior to Fort Campbell Permit purchase. 

Please ensure you bring a printed copy of your state hunting or fishing license.

Click here for a printable PDF of additional information and instructions.

Beginning on 1 June 2017 – all permit sales will be completed through iSportsman.

Hours of Operation

Monday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Tuesday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Wednesday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Thursday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Saturday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Sunday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Closed for Lunch 12 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.


11th Airborne Division Road
Bldg. 6603

+1(270) 798-3126

Military DSN Tel:

Write an ICE comment

Fishing Requirements

Anyone age 16 and above fishing on Fort Campbell must have a fishing license from the state of Kentucky or Tennessee. In Tennessee children ages 13-15 must have a junior license. Both Kentucky and Tennessee have free fishing days or weekends in June when no license is required. Also all patrons 16 and above must have a valid Fort Campbell post permit. For the cost of post permits please check the hunting and fishing page or contact the outdoor recreation office. All permits are annual and valid from 1 March through 28 February. Licenses and post permits are available for purchase at the outdoor recreation store. All fishermen also need an area assignment.

Area Assignments

Anglers may pick up their area assignment during normal business hours at outdoor recreation. You must bring a valid post permit to receive an area assignment. Outdoor recreation staff will then issue 2 copies of the area assignment as proof of the area reservation. One copy of the area assignment must be on the person fishing at all times. The second copy will remain on the front dash of the vehicle where it can be easily seen.

1. Signing out for hunting activities:

a. Hunting areas are assigned telephonically through the Outdoor Recreation Automated Assignment System by calling +1 (270) 798-0401. In order to utilize the computer area assignment system you must have a valid Ft. Campbell Post Permit.

(1) Menu options lead the patron through the reservation process. Participants are asked to select the desired game and weapon, training area and day of activity (no earlier than two days prior).

(2) Small Game hunters are allowed to utilize the automated system as a hunting party consisting of 1 to 3 hunters.

Small game slots are entered into the system as a hunting block requiring only 1 hunter in each hunting party to sign into the system to reserve the area. The hunter making the reservation in the automated system will be responsible for picking up the area assignment from Outdoor Recreation. The remaining hunters in the party will be added to the area assignment upon verification of valid Post Permit. The hunter responsible for making the reservation must remain with the hunting party at all times.

(3) A list of available training areas, codes and telephone numbers applicable to the process are available at Outdoor Recreation. Training area availability is subject to change.

b. The following times must be observed when requesting big game and small game hunting area assignments:

  • 8:15 a.m. Active Duty military and their dependants with valid military ID
  • 9 a.m. Disabled American veterans and their dependants 9-15 years of age
  • 9:30 a.m. Retired military, Army Reserve/National Guard and their dependants with valid military ID, Department of the Army civilians and their dependants 9-15 years of age
  • 10:30 a.m. Civilians

2. Recreational Area Assignment and Rear Area Parking Pass (Area Assignment):

a. After completing the reservation process an Area Assignment must be obtained from Outdoor Recreation prior to accessing the rear area. The Area Assignment is a requirement for any person age 9 years and older desiring to hunt. It is to be used only by the person whose name appears on the Area Assignment and is valid only for the date, area, and activity specified.

3. Area Assignment pick-up:

(1) Area assignments for activities other than hunting are available for pick-up beginning two days prior to the activity until close of business each day.

4. Turn in of Area Assignments:

(1) Hunting area assignments - Patrons are no longer required to return the area assignment to Outdoor Recreation if there is no harvested game to report. However, patrons are responsible for ensuring that they have telephonically signed back into the automated computer system following their recreational activities NLT 9 p.m. each day. Failure to do so may result in a suspension of permit privileges.

5. Reporting game harvest:

(1) All big game animals harvested must be checked in at Outdoor Recreation NLT than 90 min after sunset or 8 p.m. whichever is later the day of the activity.

(2) All small game animals harvested must be reported to Outdoor Recreation within 3 days of the activity. In addition to the harvest report, a wing from each harvested quail must be turned in.
For further assistance or inquiries please call Outdoor Recreation at +1 (270) 798-2175.

Frequently Asked Questions

What activities are there on Fort Campbell?
Fort Campbell has a variety of activities including hunting, fishing, hiking, mountain biking, and camping.  Other facilities and programs such as an archery range, paintball field, skeet/trap range, challenge course, dog parks, and interior parks are also available.

How do I make use of these activities?
Use of the rear area is by permit only. Post permits are available for purchase at outdoor recreation and are sold for all hunting, fishing, and recreational land use activities. Paintball, skeet, and the challenge course are on a pay as you go basis.  Post permits can be purchased at any time throughout the year, are valid from 1 March through 28 February, and are available for purchase at the Outdoor Recreation Office. For cost of permit please visit the Hunting and Fishing link on our website or contact the Outdoor Recreation office at +1 (270) 798-2175.

What do I need to camp or hike?
A Fort Campbell post permit is required for ages 16 and older to utilize training areas for recreational purposes. Recreation permits are available for hiking, scouting, and camping and are available for purchase at the Outdoor Recreation Office. Camping is permitted at Lake Kyle only. Some restrictions apply, so please call Outdoor Recreation for more information.

What is prohibited?
Motor vehicles are restricted to named roads and numbered firebreaks only. Fort Campbell does not allow the use of dirt bikes, 4 wheel drive vehicles or ATV vehicles for recreation. Swimming is not allowed in any body of water on Fort Campbell. Introducing or removing any plant, animal, or artifact, with few exceptions, from Fort Campbell is prohibited. Camping in a training area is unauthorized.

Where can I get more information?
Fort Campbell Outdoor Recreation
6645 101st Airborne Division Road
Fort Campbell, KY 42223
PH: +1 (270) 798-2175
FAX: +1 (270) 798-4666


Creel Limits
CAM Circular 215-1

Species Minimum Length Daily Limit Possession Limit
Trout None 2 Brown 4 Brown
Trout None 5 Rainbow 10 Rainbow
Black Bass 10 in 5 5
Bream (all species) None 25 50
Crappie 10 in 10 20
Catfish None 10 20
Permit Fees
  Dod ID Card Holders/
Disabled American Veterans
Non-Affiliated Civilians
Recreation $15 $20
Fishing $20 $25
Big Game Hunting $25 $50
Small Game Hunting $25 $50
Combination $40 $80