Warrior Adventure Quest
- Free to units, funding provided by DA and Family & MWR Command
- Programs are focused at Platoon Level (during duty hours)
On-post WAQ programs can be customized, but generally run Tuesday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 2 p.m. for 12-60 Soldiers and consist typically of 2 outdoor activities in 2-hour time blocks. On-post activities include but are not limited to: Challenge Course, Skeet, Paintball, Adventure Race, Archery, Laser Tag, Mountain Biking, Battleship and Indoor Rock Climbing.
Off-post WAQ activities are available for 12-35 Soldiers depending on activity. Off-post activities include but are not limited to: Rock Climbing, Mountain Biking, Scuba, Paddling, Canoeing, Kayaking, and Stand-up paddle boarding.
- All equipment and instruction is provided.
- Provide Unit Action officer to serve as POC for coordination with Outdoor Rec.
- Coordinate WAQ training by contacting Outdoor Rec. The reservation is finalized with completion of an Activity Commitment Form.
- Provide 12-60 Soldiers per WAQ event focused at Platoon-level. Participants must stay for the whole event. Each participant must complete Soldier Resiliency Training online prior to event and post-experience survey at the end of the event.
- Provide at least two SSG's or above to receive L-LAAD training (training conducted by ODR staff).These Soldiers will conduct the L-LAAD, at the conclusion of the WAQ activity.
- Units are eligible for WAQ funding pre/post deployment. Non-deploying units and Soldiers are eligible once every 24 months.
Office Hours of Operation
|Monday||8 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
|Thursday||8 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
|DONSAs||8 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
WAQ is designed to re-create the adrenaline rush of combat action and provide a healthy outlet for stress in a safe and supervised high adventure activity facilitated by the Outdoor Recreation Staff.
Warrior Adventure Quest instills unit cohesion, builds teamwork, empowers small unit leaders, and maintains combat readiness through high-adventure outdoor activities. This program enables Soldiers to reach a "new normal" by diminishing boredom and high-risk behavior through outdoor recreation and Leader Led After Action Debriefing. Soldiers will be able to draw similarities between the adventure activity and their Warrior experiences.
Unit Responsibilities & Eligibility